We appreciate your interest in Corteva Agriscience Open Innovation. We ask you to read these Terms and Conditions carefully because you must agree to them to make a submission, including applying for a grant or submitting a proposal, an idea for collaboration, chemical structures, or any other information (collectively a “Submission”).
These Terms and Conditions apply to your proposals submitted to Corteva Agriscience on Halo. We wish you good luck with your Submission.
No Confidential Relationship
Your Submission does not create a confidential relationship between you and Corteva Agriscience LLC and/or its affiliates (collectively "Corteva") with respect to the Submission. Corteva does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information and is under no obligation to hold your Submission in confidence. If you worry about your intellectual property rights, please seek legal advice regarding possible protection prior to your Submission. We ask you to not submit any confidential information that you received from another party. By making a Submission, you are not restricted from applying for or seeking other funding or collaboration opportunities.
By making a Submission, you warrant that:
- You are the owner of the Submission;
- Your Submission to Corteva will not violate any rights (including confidentiality, patent rights, copyrights, trademark rights, trade secret rights, right of privacy, or any other right) of any third party, including your former or current employer, or violate any local, state, federal, or foreign law or regulation;
- If you are submitting a Submission on behalf of your employer, you are an authorized representative of your employer;
- Your Submission does not contain any material or information (including Internet links, email addresses, images, or sounds) that constitutes advertising or promotion, junk mail, “spamming,” or chain letters;
- Your Submission does not contain content (including text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that will intentionally interfere with the operation of Corteva and affiliated websites, computer systems, or electronic devices.
Acknowledgement and Waivers
You acknowledge that Corteva or its affiliates may already be aware of the subject matter of your Submission through independent development or the non-confidential disclosures of third parties. You acknowledge and agree that Corteva, its affiliates and their designees may create or have created on their own or may obtain or have obtained other submissions that may be similar or identical to your Submission. You consent that Corteva and its affiliates have the unrestricted right to use your Submission. You hereby waive any and all claims you may have, and/or may have in the future, related to materials developed, accepted, reviewed and/or used by Corteva, its affiliates and/or their designees that may be similar to your Submission.
You acknowledge and agree that unless otherwise set forth under a separate agreement, you will not be compensated for your Submission.
You agree to indemnify and hold Corteva harmless from and against any and all liability, loss, damages, claims, judgements, costs and expenses arising out of or related to Corteva's use of the information or materials described in your Submission.
If Corteva chooses your Submission for further consideration or is interested in your Submission for collaboration, you will be contacted for additional information and/or for negotiation of a separate agreement governing the use of your Submission by Corteva. You agree that Corteva is under no obligation to enter into any further agreement with respect to your Submission and that it is in Corteva's sole discretion as to whether a further agreement or any other support will be pursued.
These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship established hereunder, shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, United States of America, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws, and with the same force and effect as if fully executed and performed therein.
Corteva reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its sole discretion.